Social skills are the skills we use to communicate and interact with each other, both verbally and non-verbally, through gestures, body language and our personal appearance. Human beings are sociable creatures and we have developed many ways to communicate our messages, thoughts and feelings with others.
Top 5 social skills
1. Empathy: a very important skill. To interact with others, you must be able to understand how they are feeling. Empathy is especially critical when dealing with people that come to you with questions or problems. You need to know how to express genuine concern for their issues.
2. Cooperation: especially important when you work on a team, where you will be required to partner with others to reach a common goal. However, even if you do not work on a team, cooperation is still necessary on those occasions when you are asked to work alongside someone.
3. Verbal and Written Communication: the ability to express yourself using clear language that others can understand. You'll need solid verbal communication skills whenever you speak to others in person. Written communication comes into play whenever you write an email, text, or presentation- here appropriate grammar, spelling, and format may be necessary.
4. Listening: another important communication skill that helps you interact with others is listening. You need to be able to listen carefully to what others are saying to you. People respond well to others when they feel like they are being heard.
5. Non-Verbal Communication: through your body language, eye contact, and facial expressions, you can express that you are an empathetic person who carefully listens to others.
What is Integrity?
Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.